Brighter Futures strengthens families so children can live at home safely, free from abuse and neglect, and enjoy the best possible start to life. We deliver voluntary services to families at high risk of entering or escalating within the statutory child protection system.
Your new role:
You will engage and support at risk families make different choices for their children. You will undertake an initial assessment of family strengths and needs, and develop case plans that build on the family’s resilience to enable them to overcome risks by using evidence informed practices, partnering with other services and supporting the family to shape their next chapter.
Terms: Permanent full-time position located in East Maitland
Why is this opportunity right for you?
- You’re looking for a role where you will be challenged and rewarded!
- We set you up for success from Day 1 with a buddy & structured orientation
- Our team are committed to high quality work, very welcoming and child centred
- We are supported by a Practice Leader to ensure we doing our best work
What you need to succeed?
As an experienced Social Worker, Psychologist, Case Worker or Case Manager you will have
- Prior experience identifying and addressing child protection concerns advantageous but not essential - recent graduates welcome
- Holistic strengths based approach to achieve lasting change
- Capacity to engage with people from all walks of life including the local Aboriginal community
- High level of professional accountability and integrity and a belief that every parent has potential
- A relevant degree qualification and current driver’s license
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Melanie Arthur on 0448 414 590 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 5 November 2019.
These roles are paid at a CFS5 level of our Enterprise Agreement (on our careers page). Our benefits include
- Salary packaging,
- Discounts on everyday purchases,
- Flexible work arrangements,
- Novated leases,
- Accrued days off,
- Purchasing additional leave,
- Long service leave after 5 years & more!
Internally this role is called a Child & Family Practitioner.
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).