The Port Stephens Parent Program works with our community to build on parenting skills and develop relationships with other community service providers in response to unique needs
Your new role:
Partnering with Port Stephens community groups and programs, you will facilitate playgroup’s and parent’s group that will enable the parents and children to learn and development according to their needs and strengths. The groups will empower families to make lasting change, build upon their resilience to reduce the risk of significant harm and make referrals to appropriate networks.
As our Port Stephens Play Group facilitator, you will work as part of a specialist multidisciplinary team based from our new offices in East Mailtand.
Terms: Maximum Term Part time based in East Maitland
Some of the benefits we offer
- We support you to work flexibly; from home, other hubs or flexible hours
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile tools
- We celebrate the best live moments; the small acts that make a difference within our teams and with our clients
- Self care is important; Monthly accrued day off & purchase additional leave
- Salary packaging, meals and entertainment card and discount program available
- Novated leases & pool cars available
What you need to succeed?
As an experienced Social Worker, Psychologist, Case Worker or Case Manager you will have
- Experience supporting parents and children ideally in a playgroup setting
- Ability to work within a team but autonomously within your own program guidelines
- Capacity to engage with people from all walks of life including the local Aboriginal community
- High level of professional accountability and integrity and a belief that every parent has potential
- A relevant degree qualification and current driver’s license
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Kirsty Stewart on 02 4922 6500 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 5 March 2018
Internally this role is called a Child & Family Practitioner.