We enable children in Out Of Home Care (OOHC) to achieve to their highest potential. We support their carers and their birth parents to create a safe and secure environment so these children have a safe place to land.
Current NSW reforms regarding permanency in OOHC is changing the way we work. It is an exciting time for employees in the OOHC space with the ability to learn new skills and add to our knowledge every day. Our new Out Of Home Care (OOHC) contract reinforces our great work with birth families, carers and the child/young person while providing the opportunity to review our practices and adapt where required.
We have a permanent full-time role available in Macquarie Park.
You and the role:
Passionate about improving outcome for children/young people who have experienced complex trauma, you understand the importance of building a team around the child/young person.
Working holistically, you will ensure the home and support network contributes to their development, improves their longer term outlook while maintaining connections with birth families and culture.
You can work in a fast pace environment and adapt easily to change while always keeping the best interests and well-being of the children at the centre of what you do.
Some of the benefits we offer
- We support you to work flexibly; from home, other hubs or flexible hours
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile tools
- We celebrate the best life moments; the small acts that make a difference within our teams and with our clients
- Self care is important; Monthly accrued day off & purchase additional leave
- Salary packaging, meals and entertainment card and discount program available
- We connect you with your peers & the greater organisation via technology
- Novated leases & pool cars available
What you need to succeed?
As an experienced Social Worker, Psychologist, Case Worker or Case Manager you will have
- Experience addressing child protection concerns or in OOHC using trauma informed practice
- Comfortable having tough conversations in a sensitive and appropriate way if there is a risk to child welfare
- Capacity to engage with people from all walks of life and adapt to changing circumstances
- Ability to work flexible hours and participate on an on call / duty roster when required
- A relevant degree qualification and current driver’s license
- Professional Diploma of Therapeutic Life Story Work desirable
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Lauren Blackburn on 0466 737 438 to discuss the role in more detail.