We enable children in Out Of Home Care (OOHC) to achieve to their highest potential. We support their carers and their birth parents to create a safe and secure environment so these children have a safe place to land.
Our Senior Social Worker/Case Manager is more than an experienced worker with a reduced case load!
You are part of our area management team with exposure to a wide range of leadership areas. You will run our Reflective Practice Groups to promote self care and practice excellence and supervise Support Workers and/or students completing their practical experience.
With the support of the Manager you will train new team members, and support the team to build their assessment, case management and therapeutic interventions capacity.
Terms: Due to internal promotion we have a permanent full-time position based in Macquarie Park
Your new team:
You will work with Case Managers, Practice Support Manager and a supportive, encouraging Manager.
We are committed to high quality work, very welcoming and put the child/young person at the centre of everything we do.
Why join The Benevolent Society?
- We support you to work flexibly; from home, other hubs or flexible hours
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile tools
- Self care is important; Monthly accrued day off & purchase additional leave
- Salary packaging, meals and entertainment card and discount program available
- Novated leases & pool cars available
What you need to succeed?
As an experienced Social Worker, Psychologist, Case Worker or Case Manager (5+ years) you will have
- Strong track record identifying and addressing child protection concerns and/or in Out of Home Care
- Strong record keeping and proactive approach
- Holistic strengths based approach to achieve lasting change
- Capacity to mentor and support colleagues to improve practice outcomes
- Ability to engage resistant clients and people from all cultures and walks of life
- A relevant degree qualification and current driver’s license (pool cars are available)
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Lauren Atkinson on 0410 030 142 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 8 November 2019.
Internally this role is called a Senior Practitioner.
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).