Our Child & Family Services strengthen families so children can live at home safely, free from abuse and neglect, and enjoy the best possible start to life. We deliver voluntary services to families at high risk of entering or escalating within the statutory child protection system.
Your new role
You will engage and support at risk families make different choices for their children. You will undertake an initial assessment of family strengths and needs, and develop case plans that build on the family’s resilience to enable them to overcome risks by using evidence informed practices, partnering with other services and supporting the family to shape their next chapter.
As a senior practitioner, you will support management and the wider team in coaching about practice, the Resilience Practice Framework and creating a positive work culture.
Terms: 12 months Max Term Contract (full time) based in Hurstville, NSW.
Your new team
You will work with Case Managers, Psychologists, Practice Support Manager and a supportive, encouraging Manager.
We are committed to high quality work, very welcoming and put the child/young person at the centre of everything we do.
- Support to work flexibly; from home, other hubs or flexible hours
- Be set up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile tools
- ADOs & purchased leave available
- Salary packaging, meals and entertainment card and discount program
- Novated leases & pool cars available
As an experienced Social Worker, Psychologist, Case Worker or Case Manager (5+ years) you will have
- Strong track record identifying and addressing child protection concerns
- Holistic strengths based approach to achieve lasting change
- Capacity to mentor and support colleagues to improve practice outcomes
- Ability to engage resistant clients and people from all cultures and walks of life
- A relevant degree qualification and current driver’s licence
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Kaila James on 0410 029 702 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 30 August 2019.
Internally this role is called a Senior Practitioner.
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).