We enable children in Out Of Home Care (OOHC) to achieve to their highest potential. We support their carers and their birth parents to create a safe and secure environment so these children have a safe place to land.
Our Senior Social Worker/Assessor is more than an experienced worker with additional leadership and staff development tasks.
You are part of our area management team with exposure to a wide range of leadership areas. You will run our Sharing Practice Groups to promote complex case discussion, reflective practice and skill building towards practice excellence. You will also assist in the development of the practitioners within the Foster Carer Recruitment and Development Team.
With the support of the Team Leader you will train new team members, and support the team to build their assessment, reflective practice and therapeutic interventions capacity.
Terms: Full time position located at Hurstville
Your new team:
You will work with a team of Foster Care Assessors, Child and Family Practitioners, other members of the senior leadership team and a supportive, encouraging Team Leader.
We are committed to high quality work, very welcoming and put the child/young person at the centre of everything we do.
Why join The Benevolent Society?
- We support you to work flexibly; from home, other hubs or flexible hours
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile tools
- Self care is important; Monthly accrued day off & purchase additional leave
- Salary packaging, meals and entertainment card and discount program available
- Novated leases & pool cars available
What you need to succeed?
As an experienced Social Worker, Psychologist, Case Worker or Case Manager (5+ years) you will have
- Strong track record identifying and addressing child protection concerns and/or in Out of Home Care
- Holistic strengths based approach to achieve lasting change
- Capacity to mentor and support colleagues to improve practice outcomes
- Ability to engage resistant clients and people from all cultures and walks of life
- A relevant degree qualification and current driver’s license (pool cars are available)
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Ilana Green on 0466 737 319 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 11 October.
Internally this role is called a Senior Practitioner (Foster Care Assessor)
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).