Everyone’s situation is unique. So, when we’re called upon to help, our individual approach is what has set The Benevolent Society apart since 1813.
We provide a range of community based support services for children, families, people with a disability and Older Australians.
The Payroll department processes payroll payments for our 1,200 employees fortnightly together with related activities such as salary packaging, leave maintenance and superannuation contributions.
This is an entry level role best suited to those with a background in administration or customer service.
About the role:
As our Payroll Officer, you will be part of the small but important team who ensures all employees are paid accurately and on time. You will provide a high level of customer service to all employees by investigating, resolving and responding to enquiries on payments, superannuation, leave issues and related payroll matters to meet client satisfaction
We are in an exciting phase of growth and in the process of streamlining and improving all our payroll processes which you will be part of.
Terms: Permanent full-time role based in Glebe
Some of our benefits
- A tailored onboarding plan to ensure you have a seamless transition to The Benevolent Society
- Purchase leave and access to long service leave after 5 years
- Salary packaging, novated lease & employee discount program
- On the job learning opportunities
What you need to succeed?
As an experienced Administrator, Accounts Officer, or Customer Service Representative, you will have:
- Great attention to detail with the ability to question the pieces that are missing or don’t make sense
- Strong customer service focus with the desire to make the experience better for your client group
- The ability to balance multiple tasks, manage interruptions and competing priorities effectively
- Identify what issues require escalation, and what issues are within your scope to resolve
- Can do, outcomes focused attitude with the ability to work autonomously and contribute to team outcomes
- Prior experience in similar roles in administration, accounts, or customer service
- Experience in payroll advantageous but not essential
We are committed to removing employment barriers for Older Australians, people of all abilities and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People. We encourage applications from these people.
Apply below to join our team and be there when that moment comes.
Call David Porter on 02 8262 3483 for a confidential discussion. Closing date 16 November 2019.
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).