We support people with disabilities of all ages to meet their goals, empowering them to live their best life.
About your new role
You will support children and adults to participate fully in life by enhancing independent living skills and their capacity and ability to participate in the community. We provide services in line with individual NDIS plans and your role is responsible for assessment, planning, facilitating, monitoring and review of client outcomes.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary team based in Wollongong or Nowra including Behaviour Support Practitioners, Dietitians, Therapy Assistants, Psychologists, Speech Pathologists, Physiotherapists and other Occupational Therapists. We deliver services across the Southern NSW region and use technology to connect our Occupational Therapy team across NSW.
This opportunity could suit an experienced Occupational Therapist or a recent graduate; we will provide you with the practice support and supervision suitable to your experience and skills.
Terms: 2 x ongoing full-time roles available. 1 role based in Wollongong & the other in Wollongong/Nowra (location negotiable)
Why work with The Benevolent Society?
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation, mobile tools & clinical supervision
- We use technology to connect our disability teams across geographies
- We celebrate the best life moments; the small acts that make a difference within our teams and with our clients
- Salary packaging, meals and entertainment card and discount program available
What you need to succeed?
You will be a qualified Occupational Therapist (OT) with the appropriate registration with AHPRA and have:
- Experience assessing for and recommending assistive technology and writing funding applications for equipment
- Experience with assessment and recommendations for sensory interventions, behaviour support intervention, and strategies for increasing a person's ability to participate in activities of daily living
- Demonstrated ability to assess functional capacity and provide recommendations about independent living skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as advanced listening skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Disability Inclusion Act 2014
- Current driver's licence and willingness/ability to travel to clients
Interested? Apply below today!
Call Carlie Hooper on 0476 843 130 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 8 March 2019.