- Do you see ability not disability?
- Are you looking to gain exposure to engaging work and to make a difference?
- Want flexibility, supervision and to be part of a great team doing quality work?
Your new role
As a Client Support Partner, you will support people with a disability and their family or carers to design, coordinate and monitor the delivery of services to enhance an individual's quality of life. You will use strengths based practice to support your clients to identify their specific needs, preferences and goals; to promote their independence and participation in the community.
This could be a full time or part time position servicing greater metropolitan Adelaide.
You will have a relevant qualification and/or experience working within the Disability sector and:
- Demonstrated understanding of the needs of people with a disability and their carers
- Experience working collaborate to enhance client outcomes
- Ability to appropriately respond to the needs of people of all abilities and cultural backgrounds
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a strong commitment to customer service
- Previous experience in a billable environment supporting participants receiving NDIS funding is highly desirable
- Current driver's license and willingness to travel to clients where required
We support people to live their best life. That includes you, our employee. A best life is a deeply personal. It can change as life changes. Here are a couple of things you might be interested in:
- Mobile working tools to support flexible work arrangements including work from home
- Access to our robust practice model and supervision
- Purchased leave and access to long service leave after 5 years
- Salary packaging, novated lease & employee discount program
3 things about us (that might pleasantly surprise you)
- We're a not-for-profit and non-religious organisation
- We've been helping Australians for over 200 years
- In 2018, 78 employees completed Team Leading Essentials, our future leaders training program
Be the change. Are you ready to give someone hope? Apply online now!
For urgent questions contact Zeljka on 02 6917 1284
Internally this position is called a Client Support Partner
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).