Our Mental Health Services provide recovery focused responses for people experiencing complex and persistent mental health issues, fostering their capacity for resilience during all stages of recovery.
About this role
As the first point of contact for referrals, you will provide timely and effective intake and referral services. At times this may require crisis intervention over the phone.
You will conduct psychosocial assessments to identify effective intervention and support required. You will explore options with the participant, empowering them to make informed choices to address their immediate needs. Most importantly you will ensure participants have access to the right service at the right time.
You will partner with GP and other referrals to streamline and improve referral pathways.
Terms: 2 x full time contract position (18 months). Newly funded positions.
Who’s the team?
We are a team of Mental Health Support Workers, Peer Workers and Mental Health Nurses with a supportive Manager and regional Practice Support Manager.
We are committed to high quality work, providing a welcoming environment and believe that with the right support every individual has potential to make lasting life changes.
Why join The Benevolent Society?
- We support you to work flexibly
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile tools
- We celebrate the best life moments; the small acts that make a difference within our teams and with our clients
- Salary packaging, meals and entertainment card and discount program available
- Novated leases & pool cars available
What you need to succeed?
As an experienced Mental Health Support Worker, Support Facilitiator or Intake Worker you will have
- A participant-centred, recovery-oriented approach
- Experience supporting people who have mental illness within a personal recovery context
- Strong practice of self care and maintaining professional boundaries
- Capacity to engage with people from all walks of life including the local Aboriginal community
- A relevant tertiary qualification and current driver’s license
Interested? Apply below today!
Call Amanda Trunley on 07 3441 3000 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 28 January 2018
Internally this role is called a Child & Family Practitioner.