Join a dynamic, committed team who are passionate about supporting young people to overcome mental health difficulties in various locations across rural New South Wales. Our service is a community outreach program to support young people to overcome mental health challenges and isolation.
Your new role
You will support young people to build their social and emotional wellbeing, to recognise and manage their mental health through a stepped care model of therapeutic services, group work and case management. Working collaboratively within communities, you will reduce barriers for young people to engage with services and reduce the impact of mental health challenges.
Terms: 10 month part-time role (3 days per week) based in Parkes or Orange.
As an experienced Social Worker, Psychologist, Case Worker or Case Manager, you'll have:
- Experience supporting young people experiencing mental health challenges
- A holistic, client centred approach with a calm, reassuring manner
- Experience conducting assessments, providing case management, psychological interventions, counselling or group work
- Be a natural team player with the capacity to work independently
- A relevant degree qualification and current driver's licence
- Salary packaging and employee discount programs
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounted gym memberships
3 things about us (that might pleasantly surprise you)
- We're a not-for-profit and non-religious organisation
- We've been helping Australians for over 200 years
- Our Resilient Practice Framework is built upon world recognised evidence based practice approaches and 41 intervention techniques
Call Kylie Manners on 0401 673 747 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 6 September 2019.
Internally this role is called Mental Health Support Worker.
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).