The Benevolent Society provides a range of community based support services for children, families, people with a disability and older Australians. We are a non-religious, not for profit organisation at the forefront of societal change for over 200 years.
A great opportunity if…
- You are an experienced leader in the child protection / out of home care services space who thrives on taking services to the next level.
- You’re a people and practice capability builder.
- You can see how a team needs to operate to create the best opportunities for children and young people in Out of Home Care , and can also see the broader context of the organisation and the social services sector.
Your new role
This leadership roles sits across Sydney metro in our Fostering Young Lives, out of home care program.
With the support of the Director, Operations Child and Family, your aim is to ensure that these teams are positioned to provide exceptional services to children, carers and families so they can feel safe and secure. Key to this is building strong relationships with a range of stakeholders including DCJ, partner organisations, sector networks and the broader internal management team.
The role has been established due the current Manager commencing maternity leave. The program requires strong leadership and management to continue to meet contractual requirements and maintain accreditation under the Office of the Children’s Guardian
Terms: This is a 12 month maximum term contract. You can be based at Macquarie Park, Hurstville, Liverpool or Werrington, although you will be required to travel across all of these hub locations.
Why this opportunity is right for you?
- You’re passionate about developing services, and the people in them, to optimise outcomes for clients
- Competitive remuneration
- Salary packaging & packaged vehicle available
- Fully mobile workforce; tools & support to work remotely or from any of our hubs
What you need to succeed:
As an experienced Manager, or senior manager, you have:
- Track record leading child protection and/or out of home care services to improve client services and outcomes
- Proven ability to develop and implement services to exceed contract compliance, including budget management and oversight
- Outstanding people leadership; proven ability to build and develop an engaged, high performing team
- Strong management skills; meeting/exceeding performance targets and service improvement objectives
- Working in a collaborative, cross functional way with teams, peers and stakeholders to achieve outcomes
- Proven ability to manage a variety of stakeholder relationships which require individual approaches
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving, decision making and manage balancing priorities
- Ability to manage high levels of risk and crisis in a calm and consistent manner
Interested? Apply below today!
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity we would encourage you to contact Alanna Hughes, Manager, Operations on 0404 458 418 . Applications will be considered on an ongoing basis, so please contact Alanna and submit your application as soon as possible
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).