- Does supporting and developing well-rounded leaders float your boat?
- Are you purpose-driven and want to be part of an organisation creating a just society for all?
- Are you looking for a flexible part-time role where your broad HR expertise is valued?
About the role:
You will partner with our National Office team to develop people management and leadership capability that enables leaders to create great employee experiences that drive employee engagement and improve operational outcomes. You understand each situation is unique – you appreciate the solution that worked yesterday won’t necessarily work today. You draw from your previous experience and adapt to the leader and the business.
You’re firm, but fair. You approach your job with respect and curiosity. You challenge the status quo when needed. Our Business Partners are experienced HR practitioners who truly partner with our leaders and teams to find a way through and achieve outcomes. Leadership coaching and development is a core element in this role.
Terms: Permanent part-time position based at Glebe, flexible hours available.
Your new team
We are a supportive, high performing, and well-resourced People, Learning and Engagement team. Despite operating nationally and being based across NSW and QLD we are highly collaborative and connected as a team.
Our team is diverse and we are stronger for it. People who are differently abled, older, or returning to work after a career break are encouraged to apply for this role.
What you need to succeed?
As a senior HR Generalist or HR Business Partner, you will have a broad depth of experience across the employee lifecycle, with a particular focus on leadership coaching and development.
- Experience partnering closely with the business, to meet their needs while maintaining a direct line of reporting to the ED, People, Learning & Engagement (and the balancing act that can ensue)
- Ability to look beyond compliance oriented HR to develop innovative, effective solutions to meet stakeholder needs and address strategic opportunities
- Good understanding of employment legislation, industrial agreements and contemporary HR practice
- Down to earth, agile nature to adapt to a constantly changing environment while delivering outcomes
Your benefits include
- Salary packaging,
- Flexible work arrangements,
- Option of a packaged motor vehicle,
- Employee discounts program,
- Long service leave after 5 years & more!
3 things about us (that might pleasantly surprise you)
- We’re a not-for-profit and non-religious organisation helping Australians for over 200 years
- We offer support to people at all stages of life; children, families, people with a disability and older Australia’s
- Our advocacy work resulted in free legal aid, end to child labour, innovative service delivery and funding models
Be the change. Together we can create a just society for all Australians. Will you help us to shape the next chapter?
Call Isabelle Guaran on 0401 674 626 for a confidential discussion.
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).