- 2 * Permanent full time position located at Hurstville
- Generous benefits including ADO'& purchased leave
- Be there, when that moment comes for older Australians and people with a disability
Everyone’s situation is unique. So, when we’re called upon to help, our individual approach is what has set The Benevolent Society apart since 1813.
We believe independence and choice for older people is important. We love to see the smile on our client’s faces when we’ve been able to support them to remain at home and stay connected to their community for that little bit longer. Our Commonwealth Respite and Carer Respite Centre work from a client focused brokerage model to meet clients needs, be they support, care, social or health.
Your new role:
As our Coordinator, you will be the first point of contact in enabling the provision of these services. You will complete assessments, provide information and support to consumers, carers, and their families. This includes arranging home support and community and in-home respite services.
Your new team:
Working in our intake and assessment support centre at Hurstville, you will enjoy on the job training from a supportive Manager and ongoing support from a dynamic, fun and experienced team.
Some of our benefits:
- Above award rates - covered by our Enterprise Agreement
- $15,900 tax free salary packaging available
- On the job training
- Monthly accrued day off
- Ability to purchase additional leave
What you need to succeed:
You will have a Certificate IV or degree in Community Services, Aged Care, Disability, Social Work or a related field and:
- Case management experience in Ageing or Disability; ideally you will have your head around CDC
- Work in a person centred, holistic way and deliver outstanding service to our clients
- Great people and customer services skills and the ability to communicate with people from all walks of life
- A natural team player with the ability to balance competing priorities, team work and self care
Call Glenn Bowden on 02 9504 6612 for a confidential discussion. Closing date 22 October 2017
Internally this position is called a Home Support Partner.