We provide a range of community based support services for children, families, people with a disability and older Australians. We are a non-religious, not for profit organisation at the forefront of societal change for over 200 years.
You and the role:
Your passion and knowledge for all things ER is second to none. You're a big thinker and can contribute to the strategy space, but you're just as comfortable getting across operational solutions. Importantly, you're not just about providing advice when it's all going pear shaped. You're about getting on the front foot and working with the business to build their employment relations capability so our leaders are confident they can identify and resolve issues early. You're successful at doing this because you understand the business you work in and what the day to day operational challenges look like.
You get compliance and you want to make sure we're ticking the boxes, but you don't use compliance as a barrier. You work with stakeholders to understand their viewpoints and needs. You have the ability to overlay these needs with other factors such as our legislative obligations and strategic objectives, to provide solutions and advice that carefully balance these sometimes conflicting requirements.
An enterprise agreement negotiation is a cause for excitement and achieving a 'yes' vote makes your heart flutter, the more complex and challenging the better it feels. And policy? What organisation can exist without a solid, plain English policy that gives clarity where there was previously confusion and doubt. You could bore your friends for hours.
Why is this opportunity right for you?
- You love employment relations (ER)
- You love to function at both the strategic and operational levels
- You want to work with a pretty awesome team
- Benefits like salary packaging, discounts on everyday purchases, purchasing additional leave, and a packaged motor vehicle sound great
- Location matters to you. We prefer a Sydney metropolitan location. We have hubs in Werrington, Hurstville, Liverpool and Chatswood. Our National Office is at Paddington but we're moving to an amazing new space in Glebe mid-2018. We'll consider regional applicants, but all applicants must be able to spend 1-2 days a week at National Office.
- Oh, and we support a mobile workforce so you get a cool tablet and a mobile phone to play with.
What will you need to succeed?
You'll need to be an ER guru with at least 4 years experience in an ER specific role. We're sorry but HR with a bit of ER exposure isn't enough. You'll also need:
- Tertiary qualifications
- Previous experience developing and negotiating enterprise agreements, policy development, tribunal representation, complex performance management, and interpretation of awards, agreements and legislation
- Excellent knowledge of the Fair Work Act, awards, enterprise agreements, common law and other employment relations frameworks
- Demonstrated experience developing effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to develop a strong working knowledge of how the business and sector works
- Demonstrated experience developing pragmatic, business focused options, that may not always be obvious, but meet business and stakeholder needs
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesise, interpret and develop options where stakeholder positions appear to be in conflict
- Demonstrated experience developing engaging, effective, persuasive communications and supporting materials that aim to build employment relations capability or understanding of an organisational position
Interested? Apply below today!
I need to get to know you quickly, so a cover letter is a great way to introduce yourself and provide an overview of why you are our perfect match. It's also only fair to highlight my attention span has a tendency to waiver so keep your cover letter and resume to no more than 5 pages all up.
Call Kylie White, Director, Human Resources on 0447 222 697 if you'd like to discuss the role and how it might work for you, and for us. We will be assessing applications as they are submitted so please apply as soon as possible.
No recruitment agencies, thank you