As our Early Childhood Teacher, you will plan, develop and evaluate a high quality play based program which incorporates the needs of individual children and groups to optimise their learning, wellbeing, and safety. You will evaluate children’s readiness for school, identify strategies and provide support to children and parents where appropriate.
We are a community based not for profit organisation focused on building resilience so children and families can live their best life.
Our Early Years Centre is a hub for families offering health services, family support services, holistic early childhood education which wraps around support to those families accessing our service.
Terms: Part time 10 month contract position based in Cairns
Some of the benefits we offer
- Generous time off the floor for professional support & programming
- Use creative & innovative approaches to shape life long outcomes for children
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation
- Salary packaging, meals and entertainment card and discount program available
What you need to succeed?
As an experienced Early Childhood Teacher, you will have:
- Bachelor of Teaching or Education (Early Childhood)
- Experience in working with children who have additional needs.
- Experience developing and evaluating curriculum and pedagogy which incorporates innovative practice
- Ability to have supportive and respectful conversations with colleagues and families to collaborate on an individual learning program for each child.
- Good time management skills, including the flexibility to adapt as the daily environment changes
- Commitment to lead intentional critical reflection to continually build practice and outcomes
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Cassy Bishop on 4034 6800 to discuss the role in more detail.
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).