Our Child, Youth & Family program is for families offering family support services, facilitation of parenting programs and early childhood development assessments and education, to empower children and families to live their best life.
About the role
As our Early Childhood Educator (Child Development Specialist), you will support children and families to achieve their own goals and milestones. You will facilitate child-centred, culturally sensitive and developmentally appropriate programs that meet the needs, interests and strengths of children (0-12) and families as well as being part of planning and attending our school holiday programs and ongoing parenting programs).
You will work alongside other professionals like Social Workers, and Psychologists who are all on your team to deliver a holistic service and share knowledge and experience. You will work collaboratively with them to undertake initial child development assessments, identify strengths, increase capacity for resilience and promote positive family relationships.
Terms: Permanent part-time located in Liverpool
Some of the benefits we offer
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile tools
- We celebrate the best live moments; the small acts that make a difference within our teams and with our clients
- Salary packaging, meals and entertainment card and discount program available
- Flexible work arrangements
What you need to succeed?
As an experienced Child Development Specialist, you will have a:
- Degree in Early Childhood Education or equivalent
- Comprehensive understanding of child protection issues and the impact of trauma on child behaviour and development
- Experience in working with and supporting vulnerable families to realise positive change
- A commitment to play based approaches with a focus on building parent-child relationships to improve the long-term outcomes for children
- Great people skills and the ability to create strong working relationships with people from all walks of life
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Dimitra Kouta on (02) 8778 0600 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 7 October 2019
Internally this role is called a Child Development Specialist
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).