We are looking for an inclusion support educator who works in the room to provides extra support for children, families and the team.
As our Early Childhood Educator, you will provide an active play based learning environment that builds agency, is responsive to children’s strengths and interests.
We are a community based not for profit organisation focused on building resilience so children and families can live their best life.
Our Early Years Centre is a community hub offering health services, family support services, holistic early childhood education which wraps around support to those families accessing our service.
Terms: Part time (0.3 FTE) in our Cairns Early Years Centre.
Some of the benefits we offer
- Use creative & innovative approaches to shape life long outcomes for children
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile tools
- We celebrate the best life moments; the small acts that make a difference within our teams and with our clients
- $15,900 salary packaging, $2,500 meals and entertainment card and discount program available
What you need to succeed?
As well as actively contributing to the education program in the room and the centre team, you will have:
- A minimum of a Cert 3 in Children’s Services with experience in a similar role
- A sound knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework with experience, skills and knowledge working with children accessing inclusion support
- A commitment to play based approaches and quality practices to optimise children’s learning and wellbeing
- Great people skills and the ability to create strong respectful relationships with people from all walks of life
- Desire to improve practice through reflection and exploring new ways of working
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Shelley Turner on 0437 944 304 to discuss the role in more detail. Close date 27 January 2020.
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).