Early Childhood Early Intervention - PITC
Funded by the NDIA, and in line with evidence-based best practice, the Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) program is designed to connect families to a range of flexible and responsive supports for children (0-6 yrs) with developmental delay or disability. It focuses on family-centred practices delivered in a child’s natural setting, such as in the family context, preschools and playgroups.
This approach supports greater inclusion for children by building on family strengths and growing the capacity and awareness of mainstream and community services to support children with developmental delay or disability.
Your new role
As part of the leadership team, you will support the Manager to deliver outcomes for children and families accessing the ECEI program.
You will provide clear and focused leadership, ensuring our Team Leaders continue to provide consistent, high level practice and service delivery across geographically defined teams. This will be achieved through regular review meetings, case conferences, worker meetings and consultation meetings.
Terms: Ongoing full-time role based in Caboolture/Milton.
You will have tertiary level qualifications in human services and/or minimum five years’ experience in a leadership position and:
- Previous experience leading a team and utilising coaching skills to build team capability and embed quality practice
- A thorough understanding of early childhood development and early childhood intervention
- Demonstrated experience working with, and/or knowledge of regulatory and compliance frameworks relevant to the service
- Strong problem solving skills and leadership skills including troubleshooting, managing multiple deadlines and staff and client conflict resolution
- Flexible work arrangements, with mobile work tools
- Salary packaging, purchased leave, meal and entertainment card and discount programs
- Novated leases and pool cars available
- Learning environment with strong practice focus
- Long service leave after 5 years & more!
Please call Karina Enks on 0458 744 223 to discuss the role in more details. Closing date 20 January 2020.
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).