At The Benevolent Society, we believe in a society where everyone can live their best life. We are committed to supporting the most vulnerable to achieve meaningful change.
About this role
The purpose of the Data Specialist role is to ensure the ongoing integrity, design, maintenance and management of The Benevolent Society database platforms, ensuring the performance and security of all data encompassed within the core business applications.
Some of your tasks are outlined below,
- Oversee the development of the data warehouse pipelines to pull together information from different source systems.
- Design and create new application databases and environments in collaboration with the Application team, while ensuring change management processes are followed at all times.
- Build and maintain appropriate tools (data and metadata load scripts) as required to manage DBA processes and ensures sufficient licenses are issued and managed which adhere to vendor licensing requirements.
- Work with subject matter experts to identify and resolve problems and/or deficiencies with enterprise performance. Streamline existing processes for efficiency improvements.
- Collaborate with business architect and IT team members on IT strategic goals.
- Keep abreast of new technology and future directions and review new database products
- Design and undertake feasibility studies, analysis and database design for new software and upgrades.
- Data Preparation -- access, convert, format, clean, merge, and normalize data in advance of scientific and quantitative analysis
- Develop and transform logical data models to physical models once the design is approved, with assistance provided for the identification, documentation and resolution of application data requirements.
- Serve as adviser regarding data management technologies, software engineering tools, and facilitate the innovation of systems and tools.
Some of our benefits
- Genuine work life balance
- $15,900 tax free salary packaging
- Be part of an organisation that makes a significant difference in the lives of the most vulnerable
What you need to succeed
You will be degree qualified with 5+ years of experience as either a Data Analyst or Data Specialist
- Ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design (Stored procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes and constraints)
- Experience working in Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience in Operational Data Stores and Data Mart design
- Familiarity with BI tooling and Big Data architecture
Any questions please reach out to Chris Jones on 0401676452
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).