Our Centre for Women’s, Children’s and Family Health in Campbelltown supports women and families particularly those affected by domestic violence, to make positive, safe and informed choices. We use a trauma informed, strengths based approach and integrated, wrap around service model.
About the role:
As a Counsellor in our Intake and Domestic Violence Crisis Intervention Team, you will be the first point of contact for women contacting the Centre. You will provide crisis counselling and support services including, information, advocacy and referral as well as intake assessments for all Centre services. We use a trauma informed, person-centred approach to support women to healing from domestic violence, sexual assault, grief and loss and other women’s health issues.
Terms: Full time position maternity contract based in Campbelltown, NSW
Why join The Benevolent Society?
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile tools
- Self care is important; Monthly accrued day off & purchase additional leave
- Pay; above award rates (enterprise agreement) & salary packaging/sacrifice
- Pool cars available
What you need to succeed?
You will have a relevant tertiary qualification in social work, psychology or similar and:
- Experience working with women affected by trauma, domestic violence, mental health or other forms of adversity ideally in a crisis counselling capacity (by phone and/or face to face)
- Ability to quickly and effectively evaluate the needs of a client who may be in crisis and identify potential referrals that may meet their needs
- A clear understanding of child protection issues and mandatory reporting responsibilities
- Excellent time management and organising skills to balance competing demands
- Ability to provide outstanding service to our clients in a positive, respectful and culturally sensitive way
Interested? Apply below today!
Apply below today with your resume and cover letter outlining how you align to the role! Call Brenda Lennon on 02 4633 3777 for a confidential discussion. Closing date 28 January 2018
The Centre for Women’s Children & Family Health has a commitment to employing women from diverse backgrounds. The Benevolent Society considers being a woman is a genuine occupational qualification for this position under s. 31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW)