Women deserve to heal from trauma particularly domestic violence and be empowered to make positive safe and informed choices.
Your new role:
You will support women and their children to overcome the effects of trauma, domestic violence, sexual assault, grief and loss and other women’s health issues. Working in a multidisciplinary team, you will undertake an initial assessment; provide high quality counselling, psychotherapy, case management, and therapeutic group work.
We use a trauma informed, strengths based approach and an integrated, wrap around service model.
Terms: Full time permanent role based in our Centre for Women’s, Children’s and Family Health in Campbelltown
What you need to succeed?
You will be a Counsellor, Psychologist, or Social Worker with:
- Experience supporting working with families affected by trauma, DV, mental health or other forms of adversity ideally in a counselling setting
- A trauma informed strengths based approach to working with clients
- A clear understanding of child protection issues and mandatory reporting responsibilities
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, or related field
- Excellent time management and organising skills to balance competing demands
- Ability to provide outstanding service to our clients in a positive, respectful and culturally sensitive way
Interested? Apply below today!
Call Brenda on 02 4633 3777 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 22 April 2018
The Centre for Women’s Children & Family Health has a commitment to employing women from diverse backgrounds. The Benevolent Society considers being a woman is a genuine occupational qualification for this position under s. 31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW)