For nearly 10 years, Post Adoption Support Queensland (PASQ) has supported people whose lives have been affected by adoption.
About this role
As a Post Adoption Counsellor, you will improve the wellbeing of people of all ages affected by adoption by providing therapeutic services such as counselling, group work, information, search and reunion (intermediary) services. We use a trauma-informed, family systems and strengths based approach to support individuals and families navigate their post adoption journey.
Terms: Ongoing part-time role (24 hours) based in Milton
- We support you to work flexibly; from home, other hubs
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile tools
- We celebrate the best life moments; the small acts that make a difference within our teams and with our clients
- Salary packaging, meals and entertainment card and discount program available
What you need to succeed?
You will have a tertiary (degree) qualification and:
- Understanding of the key issues surrounding adoption such as trauma and its impact, reunion issues, the historical context of forced adoption, and the position and views of differing stakeholders in the adoption space
- Experience delivering trauma informed evidence-based programs and therapeutic services using a family systems approach
- Demonstrated practice skills working therapeutically with children and families, preferably in a post adoption service
- High level written and verbal communication skills, with knowledge of search and outreach practices applied when acting as an intermediary
- Great people skills and capacity to engage with people from all walks of life
- Current driver's license (pool cars are available so you don’t need to use your own vehicle)
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Katharine McLean on 0428 552 129 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 10 February 2019.
We are committed to improving employment outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, Older Australian's and people of all abilities. For application support only please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).