We are a community based not for profit organisation focused on building resilience so children and families can live their best life.
Our Early Years Centre and Kindergarten is co-located with the hub offering families health services, family support services and holistic early childhood education, which wraps around support to those families accessing our service.
Your new role:
You will plan, create and provide interesting and nutritious vegetarian meals for children in a Long Day Care setting. You will ensure that these meals meet food safety requirements, the needs of the children and are delivered in a cost effective way.
You will review and modify processes and systems relating to food safety to minimise risk to children. In consultation with senior staff, you will also coordinate food based activities and events for children and arrange catering for events.
With an eye on how we can improve, you will seek feedback and identify trends. Working collaboratively with the Team Leaders, you will ensure they are aware of feedback and address safety risks for our children and staff.
This is a varied role best suited someone who is action-orientated, consultative and willing to learn new skills to ensure that the children's needs are met. We will support you and invest in your development to ensure you have the skills you need to succeed.
Terms: Part-time role based in Acacia Ridge Early Years Centre and Kindergarten
Some of the benefits we offer:
- You’re looking for a role where you will be challenged and rewarded!
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile tools
- Self-care is important: purchase additional leave
- Salary packaging, meals and entertainment card and discount program available
What you need to succeed?
You will have:
- A Food Safety Certificate and certificate of Menu Planning and Nutrition
- At least 12 months experience coordinating a small team to provide catering services, ideally for vulnerable clients
- A good understanding of Food Safety and HACCP requirements
- A passion for food and customer service
- Excellent time management and organising skills to balance competing demands
- An ability to provide outstanding service to our clients in a positive, respectful and culturally sensitive way
- VETAB accredited Certificate III or IV or qualified chef would be an advantage
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Joanna Swan on (07) 3320 8410 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 18 February 2019.