Caring for a loved one is important work. Some days caring brings great joy, but some days it can be lonely or a little overwhelming. No matter how you feel today, our Carer’s Gateway will be just a phone call away. Carer’s Gateway is a new initiative to provide carers with information, support, counselling, and coaching.
As our Connect Partner, you will be the first point of contact for carers wanting to access support. You will listen emphatically to understand the carer’s needs, provide them with relevant information and connect them to the appropriate services. Services aren't provided face to face in this team, but that doesn't mean you won't have the chance to connect.
Newly created permanent positions available at Glebe.
Why is this opportunity right for you?
- You’re passionate about people getting the support they need
- You recognize the importance of accurate intake and referral information to connect people to the right services
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & training
- Self-care is important; Monthly accrued day off (FT roles only) & purchase additional leave
- Salary packaging, novated leasing, meals and entertainment card and discount program available
What you'll need to succeed:
- Use technology based solutions to connect with customers to complete initial assessments that identify needs, preferences, goals and eligibility
- Advocate for consumers, their Carers and families to enable choice and decision making that supports independence and quality of life.
- Experience in the community sector and or case management is highly desirable
Sound like something you would really like to do? Ready to make an impact?
APPLY ONLINE NOW!
Contact Shanay Rokotavaga on 0438 634 951 to discuss this role further.
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).