Our Early Start Pilot Program aims to reduce health and development disparities for children 0-11 years, identified in communities with high alcohol consumption.
Your new role
Exciting new role in a pilot program! As our Community Development Worker you will facilitate partnerships, networks and develop activities that meet the needs of the children and families. You will:
- Undertake meaningful and effective consultation to inform service delivery and sector development
- Develop, implement and evaluate strategies which enhance community engagement and capacity
- Plan and manage the EOI - Expression of Interest using robust methodology
- Monitor and evaluate community partners including conducting service visits
- Plan and manage events and activities in collaboration with other agencies
Terms: Part-time role (4 days per week) available for 12 months in East Maitland.
As an experienced Youth Worker, Community Development Worker or Case Worker you will have:
- Experience working within Community Development
- Capacity to build productive networks and connections in a community setting
- Community engagement experience; identifying service gaps and creating effective solutions
- Good research & data analytical skills to use data to inform program delivery
- A relevant degree qualification and current driver’s licence
- Salary packaging
- Employee discount program
- Discounted gym memberships
- Structured orientation
- Flexible work arrangements
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Robyn O'Dell on 0447 539 735 discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 28 August 2019.
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).