Community Development Worker
The purpose of this position is to lead the headspace Liverpool community awareness and engagement strategy, build and maintain relationships between key stakeholders, and engage in service planning to promote the service, improve service offerings and increase service capacity and reach.
Your new role
Headspace Liverpool offers support and therapeutic interventions for young people and their families EAs our Community Development Worker you will facilitate partnerships, networks and develop activities that meet the needs of the children and families. You will:
- Represent headspace Liverpool in existing local networks and develop new community relationships with community groups, business, government departments and agencies, other service providers, and educational institutions with a view to identifying and developing new service opportunities.
- Develop, implement and review strategies and opportunities with the aim of improving service capacity in the local area, with a particular focus on identifying key areas of need and service gaps in the area.
- Coordinate local meetings, community consultation and events, and support community partner events.
- Support the delivery of health promotion and community education workshops for internal and external stakeholders to raise awareness of mental health, help seeking and the headspace Liverpool
Terms: Part-time role available for 12 months in Liverpool .
As an experienced Youth Worker or Community Development Workeryou will have:
- Degree qualified in community development, public health, social work or similar
- Excellent understanding of youth mental health issues and the developmental and social context of these issues
- Understanding of the needs of diverse communities such as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD), and gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) communities
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good relationship building skills with the ability to create strong working relationships with different stakeholders
- Salary packaging
- Structured orientation
- Flexible work arrangements
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Vikki Radford on 0418 581 577 discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 31 July 2020.
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).