Our Child & Family Services strengthen families so children can live at home safely, free from abuse and neglect, and enjoy the best possible start to life. We deliver voluntary services to families at high risk of entering or escalating within the statutory child protection system.
Our new funding extends our service to meet the health needs of families.
You and the role:
As a nurse, you will ensure that families have access to targeted health and child development information. Conducting assessments or examinations, you will identify needs and provide more appropriate, timely interventions. As appropriate, you will link families with universal and specialist services to meet their individual health needs.
You will provide parenting advice to families with children and assist families with communication and advice relevant to their children’s health care needs.
You will enjoy working with families in their homes, with the children’s schools, supporting engagement with government health services and walking the health pathway with the family. As a health advocate you will have the client’s needs and desired outcomes as the focus for assessment and support.
As a pragmatic nurse, you realise the challenge and opportunity it presents and put the clients at the centre of your decision making. As we become more established in the South East region, you will educate non-nursing staff to meet the client’s health needs and promote client choice.
We have 3 positions available: 1x Gold Coast, 1x Browns Plains/Beaudesert, 1x Beenleigh/Logan
Why is this opportunity right for you?
- You’re looking for a rewarding and challenging position where you shape service delivery
- Improve access to appropriate health care services for at risk families in a community setting
- Work in partnership with Child Protection and Community Services organisations
- We set you up for success from Day 1 with a buddy & structured orientation
What you need to succeed:
You will be a Registered Nurse (RN) with a minimum of 5 years of experience and a minimum of 2 years experience working with children and families, and have:
- Capacity to engage with families experiencing complex needs and ongoing risk/safety concerns
- Ability to partner with non-nursing staff to build their knowledge to improve client outcomes
- Great people skills and the ability to create strong working relationships with people from all walks of life
- A commitment to work in a person centred, holistic way and deliver outstanding service
- A natural team player with the ability to balance competing priorities, team work and self-care
- Current AHPRA Registration as a Division 1 Registered Nurse and a minimum two years’ experience in family related early intervention work.
- Registered Nurse Level 2 Modern Nursing Award (2010)
- Salary packaging
- Discounts on everyday purchases;
- Flexible work arrangements;
- Novated leases;
- Accrued days off;
- Purchasing additional leave;
- Long service leave after 5 years & more!
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Crystal Wheeler on 3505 1800 for further information if required. Closing date 22 February 2019.