Our Mental Health Services provide recovery focused response for children and their families experiencing complex and persistent mental health issues, trauma and fostering their capacity for resilience during all stages of recovery.
About this role
You will conduct psycho social assessments to identify effective intervention and support required. You will explore options with the participant, empowering them to make informed choices to address their immediate needs. You will partner with GP and other referrals to streamline and improve referral pathways. Most importantly you will ensure participants have access to the right service at the right time.
Terms: Part time position (28 hours/4 days ) based in East Maitland, NSW.
Why join The Benevolent Society?
- We support you to work flexibly
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile tools
- We celebrate the best live moments; the small acts that make a difference within our teams and with our clients
- Self care is important; Monthly accrued day off & purchase additional leave
- Salary packaging, meals and entertainment card and discount program available
- Novated leases & pool cars available
What you need to succeed?
As an experienced Mental Health Support Worker, Support Facilitiator, Social worker
- A participant-centred, recovery-oriented approach
- Experience supporting people who have mental illness within a personal recovery context
- Must have trauma informed practice and early intervention experience in Mental Health with young people experience.
- Strong practice of self care and maintaining professional boundaries
- Capacity to engage with people from all walks of life including the local Aboriginal community
- A relevant tertiary (degree) qualification and current driver’s license
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Robyn on 0447539735 for a confidential chat.
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).