Our Child & Family Services strengthen families so children can live at home safely, free from abuse and neglect, and enjoy the best possible start to life. We deliver voluntary services to families at high risk of entering or escalating within the statutory child protection system.
About this role
Supporting women and children to build safe, independent lives free from domestic violence, you will increase their housing stability and safety through assessment, case management, advocacy and Court support.
You will be the specialist Domestic and Family Violence Worker in our multidisciplinary team. We work with David Mandels Framework of perpetrator pattern based, child centered, survivor strengths approach to working with domestic violence.
Terms: Full time permanent position based in Logan
Some of the benefits we offer/ Why join The Benevolent Society?
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile tools
- Self care is important; Monthly accrued day off & purchase additional leave
- Pay; above award rates (enterprise agreement) & salary packaging/sacrifice
- Novated leases & pool cars available
What you need to succeed?
As an experienced Domestic or Family Violence Case Worker, Counsellor or Social Worker you will have
- Experience providing crisis/therapeutic counselling and understanding of Domestic & Family Violence dynamics
- Holistic strengths based approach to achieve lasting change
- Knowledge of current legislation relevant to the protection of survivors of Domestic & Family Violence
- Ability to manage a caseload of clients and to work compassionately with perpetrators
- High level of professional accountability and integrity and a belief that every parent has potential
- A relevant degree qualification and current driver’s license
Interested? Apply below today!
Call Tracy Cook on 0437 394 411 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 26 February 2018