Our Family Referral Service (FRS) brings together families, support services, and community resources to prevent a difficult situation from escalating to a crisis requiring a statutory response from the child protection system.
As the intake and assessment officer, you will be the first point of contact for children, young people and families to access specific and appropriate support services.
You will strengthen coordination and collaboration among service providers to promote child safety, welfare and wellbeing.
Terms: Fixed term contract (until June 2019) Full time position based at Gosford
Who’s the team?
We are a team of Social Workers, Case Managers and Educators with a supportive Manager and regional Practice Support Manager.
We are committed to high quality work, very welcoming and believe with the right support every parent has potential to make lasting life changes.
Why join The Benevolent Society?
- We support you to work flexibly; from home, other hubs or flexible hours
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile tools
- Self care is important; Monthly accrued day off & purchase additional leave
- Pay; above award rates (enterprise agreement) & salary packaging/sacrifice
- Novated leases & pool cars available
What you need to succeed?
As an experienced Social Worker, Educator, or Case Manager you will have
- Experience identifying and addressing child protection concerns
- Holistic strengths based approach to achieve lasting change
- Capacity to engage with people from all walks of life including the local Aboriginal community
- High level of professional accountability and integrity and a belief that every parent has potential
- A relevant tertiary qualification and current driver’s license
Interested? Apply online below!
Call Barbara Brodhurst-Hill on 02 4922 6563 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 16 February 2018
Internally this role is called a Child & Family Practitioner.