Our Family Referral Service (FRS) brings together families, support services, and community resources to prevent a difficult situation from escalating to a crisis requiring a statutory response from the child protection system.
Unique opportunity to work within Schools in a Family Support Role! As a Case Worker, you will assist children, young people and families within the school community to access specific and appropriate support services. The role will be working across 8 schools across the Northern Central Coast. You will strengthen the schools capacity to create a safe environment for children and their families, identify signs of educational disengagement and their relationships with support services.
Terms: Full time position funded to June 2019, possibility of extension; based in Central Coast, NSW.
Who’s the team?
We are a team of Social Workers, Case Workers, Psychologists, Teachers with a supportive Manager.
We are committed to high quality work, very welcoming and believe with the right support every parent has potential to make lasting life changes.
Why join The Benevolent Society?
- We support you to work flexibly; from home, other hubs or flexible hours
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile tools
- Self care is important; Monthly accrued day off & purchase additional leave
- Pay; above award rates (enterprise agreement) & salary packaging/sacrifice
- Pool cars available
What you need to succeed?
As an experienced Case Worker, Family Worker, Case Manager or Teacher you will have
- Experience identifying and addressing child protection concerns or working within the education sector
- Holistic strengths based approach to achieve lasting change
- Capacity to engage with people from all cultures and walks of life
- A tertiary qualification in Community Services, Social Work or related discipline
- Current driver’s license (pool cars are available)
Interested? Apply below today!
Call Kirsty Stewart on (02) 4922 6507 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 15 January 2018. Interviews will be held the week commencing 22nd January.
Please contact the Gosford office at (02) 4355 7500 for an additional Information Pack . Internally this role is called a Child & Family Practitioner.