Our Family Mental Health Support Service provides early intervention support to children and young people who are showing early signs of, or are at risk of developing, mental illness, to improve their wellbeing enabling them to better participate in their communities and reach their full potential.
Your new role:
As a Social Worker/Case Manager, you will work with children, young people and their families to identify and develop supports to address risk factors that may be impacting on their lives. Working from a child focused approach, you will strengthen the protective factors to reduce the impact of issues that may produce poor mental health outcomes later in life. You will promote a culture where each family’s point of view and preferences for their wellbeing are recognised, respected and understood.
Please see the attached Service Overview for Brisbane North for more information.
Terms: Full time permanent role based in Milton, Brisbane - Part time considered
Some of the benefits we offer/ Why join The Benevolent Society?
- We support you to work flexibly; from home, other hubs or flexible hours
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile tools
- Self care is important; Monthly accrued day off & purchase additional leave
- Pay; above award rates (enterprise agreement) & salary packaging/sacrifice
- Novated leases & pool cars available
What you need to succeed?
You will have a tertiary qualification in Social Work, Welfare or Psychology (or related discipline) and:
- Experience in the Community Services Sector in Early Intervention, Child Protection or Mental Health
- A person centred & recovery-orientated approach to working with children and families in a mental health context
- Ability to act calmly and sensitively with people who are distressed, have demanding or unpredictable behaviours
- A clear understanding of child protection issues and mandatory reporting responsibilities
- High level written and verbal communication, it’s important to document our work
- Excellent relationship building skills and experience working with the local Aboriginal communities
- Current drivers license (pool cars are available so you don’t need to use your own vehicle)
Interested? Apply below today!
Call Katharine McLean on 0428 552 129 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 4 February 2018
Internally this role is called a Child & Family Practitioner.