Be there, when that moment comes
Everyone’s situation is unique. So, when we’re called upon to help, our individual approach is what has set The Benevolent Society apart since 1813.
The Brighter Futures program delivers targeted, voluntary child protection services to families with children who are at high risk of entering or escalating within the statutory child protection system. The program aims to reduce risks and strengthen families to reduce the number of children entering Out of Home Care.
Terms: Ongoing full time position based in Orange NSW 2800
Your new role:
- Work with a range of designated clients. The number of clients will depend on factors such as phase of intervention, complexity, geography and the nature of the service. Practitioners may work with individuals, or multiple stakeholders relating to the individual and/or family.
- Engage clients including children, young people, adults and/or families, using appropriate assessment and risk minimisation processes.
- Create case plans to empower families to make lasting change, build upon their resilience and to reduce the risk of significant harm and make referrals to appropriate networks.
Some of our benefits:
- Mobile work environment inc tablet & mobile
- Generous leave options
- $15,900 tax free salary packaging available
- Novated leases and pool cars available
- Ongoing professional development inc in house practice training
- Above award rates. Covered by our Enterprise Agreement
What you need to succeed?
As a qualified Social Worker, Psychologist or Case Worker, you will have a bachelor degree in social work, social science, psychology or related field.
- Experience in Child Protection or Out of Home Care engaging at risk families using a strengths based approach.
- A clear understanding of child protection issues and the capacity to identify when the level of risk requires statutory child protection intervention.
- High level written and verbal communication, it’s important to document our work.
- Excellent relationship building skills and experience.
Interested? Apply today!
Call Aaron for more information on 0417 935 823.
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).