Help support children and their families in our Fostering Young Lives program with your skills as a Child & Family Practitioner.
Your new role:
You will engage and support children and families in our program. You will undertake an initial assessment of family strengths and needs, and develop case plans that build on the children's resilience to enable them to overcome risks by using evidence informed practices, partnering with other services and supporting the family to shape their next chapter.
Terms: Full time 12 month contract based in Macquarie Park, NSW 2113
What you need to succeed?
- Degree qualified in social work, early childhood, psychology or similar.
- At least 2 years case management experience working with at risk children, young people and/or families in a child protection focused role, including experience undertaking comprehensive assessments.
- Excellent understanding of child protection issues and client vulnerabilities such as drug and alcohol use, domestic violence, mental health issues, and the impact of trauma and the effect on child behaviour and
- Ability to work unsupervised.
Some of the benefits we offer
- Salary packaging
- Flexible work arrangements
- Accrued days off
- IT tools/devices to support working remotely
Interested? Apply today!
Call Lauren on 0410030142 for a confidential chat about the role.
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).