We’re looking for highly motivated people who feel strongly about advocating for children in and out of home care. People who understand some days will be harder than others as you balance competing demands. By keeping the child at the centre of everything you do, their life can and will be better.
Your new role:
Working in our Brighter Futures Program, you will support at risk families make different choices for their children. You will undertake an initial assessment of family strengths and needs, and develop case plans that build on the family’s resilience to enable them to overcome risks by using evidence informed practices, partnering with other services and supporting the family to shape their next chapter.
Part time position based in Tenterfield
Why is this opportunity right for you?
- You’re looking for a role where you will be challenged and rewarded!
- Our team are committed to high quality work, very welcoming and child centred
- We are supported by a Practice Leader to ensure we doing our best work
- Perhaps your ready embrace the country-lifestyle
What you need to succeed?
As an experienced Social Worker, Psychologist, Case Worker or Case Manager you will have
- 2+ years experience identifying and addressing child protection concerns
- Holistic strengths based approach to achieve lasting change
- Capacity to engage with people from all walks of life including the local Aboriginal community
- High level of professional accountability and integrity and a belief that every parent has potential
- A relevant degree qualification and current driver’s license
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Jane Hynes on 0420 959 392 to discuss the role in more detail.
These roles are paid at a CFS5 level of our Enterprise Agreement (on our careers page). Our benefits include
- Salary packaging,
- Discounts on everyday purchases,
- Flexible work arrangements,
- Novated leases,
- Accrued days off,
- Purchasing additional leave,
- Long service leave after 5 years & more!
Internally this role is called a Child & Family Practitioner.
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).