Our Early Years Centre is a hub for families offering health services, family support services, holistic early childhood education (including a Long Day Care & Kindergarten) to empower children & families to live their best life.
Your new role
Use strength-based frameworks to work intensively with at risk children, young people, individuals and/or families. Achieve this by undertaking comprehensive assessments to develop, implement, monitor and review client plans with the aim of improving parenting capacity and family resilience and functioning, increasing the safety of children and reducing the risk of out of home care.
You will co-facilitate universal and targeted play groups, parenting programs and manage a caseload. You may also undertake administrative tasks to assist with the program.
Terms: Full time max term contract ending 31st December 2020 based primarily at Browns Plains, QLD with travel to Beaudesert required.
Your new team
You will join our multi-disciplinary team including Educators, Teachers, Social Workers, Child Health Nurses, Speech Pathologist and Child Psychologists. Our centre has a culture of professional enquiry & our programs are child-centred and culturally sensitive.
As an experienced Social Worker, Psychologist, Case Worker or Case Manager you will have
- At least 12 months experience in early childhood intervention/ child protection. Experience working with children 8 years and younger highly regarded!
- Holistic strengths based approach to achieve lasting change
- Capacity to engage with people from all walks of life including the local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community
- High level of professional accountability and integrity and a belief that every parent has potential
- A relevant degree qualification and current driver’s licence
These roles are paid above award! Your benefits include:
- Salary packaging & employee discount program,
- Flexible work arrangements,
- Accrued days off & more!
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Lesley on 0466673827 for more information.
Internally this role is called a Child & Family Practitioner.
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).