Our child and family assessment team work with families so that children can live at home safely free from the risk of abuse and neglect. We deliver voluntary services to families who are at risk of entering or re entering the statutory child protection system.
Your new role
Working in our Family and Child Connect program you will support at risk families to make different choices for their children. This will be achieved through engaging and collaborating with families to complete psychosocial assessments and identify strengths and needs. You will explore options with the family, empowering them to make informed choices to address their immediate needs and ensuring families have access to the right service at the right time
The intake role is predominantly phone based with set hours. At times there will be a requirement to complete home visits.
It is important that you are able to work in a high pressure environment, managing a high volume of referrals.
Terms: We have one full and one part time contract position available based in Loganholme, QLD.
We are a team of Child & Family Practitioners, Senior Practitioner and Team Leader with a supportive Manager and regional Practice Support Manager.
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile tools
- The option to purchase additional leave
- The option to accrue a monthly day off
- Salary packaging, meals and entertainment card and discount program available
- Pool cars available
As an experienced Social Worker, Psychologist, Case Worker or Case Manager you will have:
- Experience identifying and addressing the needs of families and children through strong assessment skills
- Holistic strengths based approach to achieve lasting change
- Capacity to engage with people from all walks of life including the local Aboriginal and CALD community
- High level of professional accountability and integrity and a belief that every parent has potential
- A relevant degree qualification and current driver’s licence
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Amanda Trunley on 07 3441 3000 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 11 November.
Internally this role is called a Child & Family Practitioner.
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).