Our Child & Family Services / Brighter Futures strengthens families so children can live at home safely, free from abuse and neglect, and enjoy the best possible start to life. We deliver voluntary services to families at high risk of entering or escalating within the statutory child protection system.
Your new role:
You will engage and support at risk families make different choices for their children. You will undertake an initial assessment of family strengths and needs, and develop case plans that build on the family’s resilience to enable them to overcome risks by using evidence informed practices, partnering with other services and supporting the family to shape their next chapter.
This is a newly created full time position in Armidale
Who’s the team?
We are a team of Social Workers, Case Managers and Psychologists with a supportive Manager and regional Practice Support Manager.
We are committed to high quality work, very welcoming and believe with the right support every parent has potential to make lasting life changes.
What you need to succeed?
As an experienced Social Worker, Psychologist, Case Worker or Case Manager you will have
- Experience identifying and addressing child protection concerns
- Holistic strengths based approach to achieve lasting change
- Capacity to engage with people from all walks of life including the local Aboriginal community
- High level of professional accountability and integrity and a belief that every parent has potential
- Experience in delivery of parenting groups would be an advantage
- A relevant degree qualification and current driver’s license
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Fidelity Betts (Manager) on 0408 865 419 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 23 August 2019
These roles are paid at a CFS5 level of our Enterprise Agreement (on our careers page). Our benefits include
- Salary packaging,
- Discounts on everyday purchases,
- Flexible work arrangements,
- Novated leases,
- Accrued days off,
- Purchasing additional leave,
- Long service leave after 5 years & more!
Internally this role is called a Child & Family Practitioner.
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).