Our Intensive Family Support Program strengthens families so children can live at home safely, free from abuse and neglect, and enjoy the best possible start to life. We deliver voluntary services to families at high risk of entering or escalating within the statutory child protection system.
Your new role:
As our new Intake Case Worker, you will be responsible for coordinating and leading the intake function of the Beenleigh Bayside Intensive Family Support Service (IFS).
An essential part of your role is to assess the risk and complexity within the referral in order to match against both our eligibility criteria and immediate needs of the family. You will also have a knowledge of alternate support services that may be an alternate option for the family.
Terms: Part-Time contract role based in Loganholme, QLD. This role is offered for 6 months, with possibility for extension working 3 days per week (hours/days flexible).
Some of the benefits we offer:
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile tools
- Salary packaging,
- Flexible work arrangements & more!
What you'll bring:
As an experienced social worker, you will have:
- 2+ years’ case management experience working in a family support setting with formal qualifications in social work, early childhood, psychology
- Excellent understanding of child protection issues & client vulnerabilities, and the impact of trauma and the effect on child behaviour and development
- Understanding of the needs of diverse communities such as ATSI, culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD), and LGBTI communities
- Experience working with a multidisciplinary team highly desirable!
For more information please contact Elizabeth Power on 0427 896 697 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 15 November 2019.
Internally this role is called a Child & Family Practitioner.
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).