- Full time permenant role based in Hurstville
- Mobile workplace, ongoing development & generous benefits
- Make a genuine difference in the lives of children in our care
Everyone’s situation is unique. So, when we’re called upon to help, our individual approach is what has set The Benevolent Society apart since 1813.
We enable children in Out Of Home Care (OOHC) to achieve to their highest potential. We support their carers and their birth parents to create a safe and secure environment so these children have a safe place to land.
Your new role:
You will promote the welfare and wellbeing of children in OOHC by working to the OCG standards and providing intensive support to the children, their foster carers and birth family.
Building a team around the child/young person, you will ensure the home and support network contributes to their development, improves their longer term outlook while maintaining connections with birth families and culture.
Your new team:
In our multidisciplinary team, you will work with Case Workers, Psychologists, Speech Pathologist, Senior Practitioner and a supportive, encouraging Team Leader.
You will enjoy on the job training and support from your passionate team. When you join your buddy will help you find your feet.
Some of our benefits:
- Above award rates - covered by our Enterprise Agreement
- $15,900 tax free salary packaging available
- Mobile, tablet & the support to work flexibility
- Novated leases & pool cars available
- Monthly accrued day off
- Purchase additional leave
What you need to succeed?
As an experienced Social Worker, Psychologist, Case Worker or Case Manager you will have
- Experience supporting at risk children; addressing child protection concerns or in OOHC
- Trauma informed practice and holistic approach to achieve lasting change
- Comfortable having tough conversations in a sensitive and appropriate way if there is a risk to child welfare
- Capacity to engage with people from all walks of life and adapt to changing circumstances
- Ability to work flexible hours and participate on an on call / duty roster when required
- A relevant tertiary qualification and current driver’s license (pool cars are available)
Are you ready to shape your next chapter? Apply below today!
Call Lauren on 0410 030 142 for a confidential discussion. Closing date 17 December 2017
Internally this role is called a Child & Family Practitioner.