Our Intensive Family Support Program strengthens families so children can live at home safely, free from abuse and neglect, and enjoy the best possible start to life. We deliver voluntary services to families at high risk of entering or escalating within the statutory child protection system.
Your new role
You will engage and support at risk families make different choices for their children. You will undertake an initial assessment of family strengths and needs, and develop case plans that build on the family’s resilience to enable them to overcome risks by using evidence informed practices, partnering with other services and supporting the family to shape their next chapter.
Terms: Ongoing full-time position based in Loganholme, QLD.
Who’s the team?
We are a team of Social Workers, Case Managers with a supportive Manager and regional Practice Support Manager.
We are committed to high quality work and believe with the right support every parent has potential to make lasting life changes.
- We support you to work flexibly; from home, other hubs or flexible hours. Pool cars are also available
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile tools
- We celebrate the best live moments; the small acts that make a difference within our teams and with our clients
- Self care is important; Monthly accrued day off & purchase additional leave
- Salary packaging, meals and entertainment card, discount program and novated lease available
What you need to succeed?
As an experienced Social Worker, Psychologist, Case Worker or Case Manager, you will have a minimum of two years experience in the child protection sector and:
- Experience managing complex cases & working with children, young people and their families who are either at risk of entering or who have had involvement with the child protection system
- Undertaking risk assessments, and developing and implementing effective case plans for children, youth and their families.
- Working in a strengths based resilience framework to achieve lasting change.
- Engaging with people from all walks of life including the local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community
- A Bachelors Degree and current driver’s licence
Interested? Apply online today!
If you have any questions call Elizabeth Power on 0427 896 697. Closing date is 9 December 2019.
Internally this role is called a Child & Family Practitioner.
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).