Our Brighter Futures program strengthen families so children can live at home safely, free from abuse and neglect, and enjoy the best possible start to life. We deliver voluntary services to families at high risk of entering or escalating within the statutory child protection system.
Your new role:
You will engage and support at risk families making different choices for their children. You will undertake an initial assessment of family strengths and needs, and develop case plans that build on the family’s resilience to enable them to overcome risks by using evidence informed practices, partnering with other services and supporting the family to shape their next chapter.
Terms: Full time positions available in Tamworth
Who’s the team?
We are a team of Social Workers, Case Managers and Psychologists with a supportive Manager and regional Practice Support Manager.
You will enjoy on the job training and support from your committed team. When you join your buddy will help you find your feet.
Some of the benefits we offer
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile tools
- We celebrate the best live moments; the small acts that make a difference
- Salary packaging, meals and entertainment card and discount program available
- ADO's and ability to purchase additional leave
What you need to succeed?
You will have a degree qualification in Social Work, Welfare, Psychology or related discipline and:
- Experience identifying and addressing child protection concerns
- Holistic strengths based approach to achieve lasting change
- Will actively contribute to a positive workplace culture
- Capacity to engage with people from all walks of life including the local Aboriginal community
- High level of professional accountability and integrity and a belief that every parent has potential.
- A current driver’s license (pool cars are available so you don’t need to use your own vehicle)
Interested? Apply below today!
Call Megan Newman on 0409 213 684 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 25 February 2018
Internally this role is called a Child & Family Practitioner.