We support people with disabilities of all ages to meet their goals, empowering them to live their best life.
About your new role
You will support children and adults to participate fully in life by providing high quality, culturally appropriate behaviour support services to people with an intellectual disability who have a specific support need. We provide services in line with individual NDIS plans; your role is responsible for assessment, planning, monitoring and review of client outcomes.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary team including Physiotherapists, Speech Pathologists, Case Managers, Therapists and other Behaviour Support Practitioners. We deliver services across Northern NSW and use technology to connect our team.
Terms: Part time position located in Broadmeadow.
Why work with The Benevolent Society?
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation, mobile tools & clinical supervision
- We use technology to connect our Disabilities team across geographies
- We celebrate the best life moments; the small acts that make a difference within our teams and with our clients
- Salary packaging, meals and entertainment card and discount program available
What you need to succeed?
You will have qualifications in Psychology, OT, Speech Pathology, Nursing, Social or Health Services and:
- 2 years’ experience in the delivery of positive behaviour support services to children, young people and people with intellectual disabilities
- An ability to communicate and appropriately respond to needs of people of all abilities and cultural backgrounds with strong analytical and report writing skills
- Work within a client centric approach while maintaining a positive mindset
- An ability to provide a service based on a client’s NDIS goals and funding allocation
- Current NSW drivers licence and willingness/ability to travel to clients
Interested? Apply below today!
For urgent enquires only please email email@example.com (No applications will be accepted via this email address)
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).