Are you a practitioner in the areas of Psychology, Social work or Occupational Therapy? Do you want to be a part of a dynamic and high quality clinical team providing professional consultation to people with disability, their families, and support staff regarding evidence-based approaches to reducing the impact of challenging behaviour?
Our Behaviour Support Team is currently seeking a dynamic and creative team member to join their team in Mount Gambier, South Australia as Part Time Behaviour Support Practitioner.
About your new role
This role is community based and gives you the flexibility to work around your own hours and clients needs. You will conduct functional assessments to create behaviour plans. Of critical importance is your ability to connect to people, to listen with non-judgment and reflect critically. Your aim is to support children and adults with complex or unpredictable behaviours to participate fully in life and achieve their clearly defined goals.
Why work with The Benevolent Society?
We support people to live their best life. That includes you, our employee. A best life is a deeply personal. It can change as life changes. Here are a couple of things you might be interested in:
- Flexible Hours: work around your current commitments - YOU make your schedule around your clients needs
- A tailored onboarding plan to ensure you have a seamless transition to The Benevolent Society
- Access to our robust clinical practice model which includes individual/group clinical and practice supervision
- Purchased leave and access to long service leave after 5 years
- Salary packaging, novated lease & employee discount program
Who are we looking for?
You could be an experienced Therapist (ABA or Behaviour) or a Social Worker, Psychologist or even highly experienced Support Worker wanting to develop a career in Behaviour Support. What's most important is your:
- Adaptable, can do attitude to effortless adjust to clients' needs and their NDIS plans
- Ability to use reflective practice to strengthen your clinical approach
- Current drivers licence, willingness/ability to travel to clients (cars provided)
Be the change. Are you ready to build your best life?
If the above sounds like you then we want YOU! Please apply below or for further discussions about the role please call Arjun on 0401 674 618
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).