Family and Child Connect is a Queensland Government funded initiative aimed at ensuring vulnerable families and children have access to high-quality services at the right time to help them to maintain the family unit. Family and Child Connect is a community based intake and referral service. Children and young people are at the centre of the system, with supported and supportive parents, families and communities.
Your new role
You will provide quality service delivery to children, young people, families and the community within the Family and Child Connect Service, through assessment, information and advice, recommendations and referrals to appropriate services.
You will engage with referrers and families, complete initial assessments and support at risk families to access appropriate supports to improve family functioning and child wellbeing.
You will also build relationships with the elders and local Indigenous community and other government and NGO services.
We have a full time permanent Identified position based in Loganholme, QLD.
The Benevolent Society considers that being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational requirement under s14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act NSW 1977.
Meet the team
We are a team of Social Workers, Early Childhood Professionals, Counsellors and Educators with a supportive Manager, comprehensive Practice Guide and support provided through clinical supervision, practice coaching and peer debriefing. We are committed to high quality work and looking forward to welcoming you to our team.
- Flexible working arrangements made possible by mobile tools
- Be set up for success with a buddy & structured orientation
- ADOs, employee discount program & salary packaging!
You will have experience working with children and families within the community services sector and be recognised within the community as a respected, culturally safe person:
- 3+ years’ experience working with Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander children and families within safety and/or well-being context with 1+ year case worker experience
- Excellent understanding of child protection issues & client vulnerabilities, and the impact of trauma and the effect on child behaviour and development
- Hold a tertiary qualification in Community Services, Social Work or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Hold a current driver’s licence (pool cars are available for work use)
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Tracy Cook on 0437 394 411 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 8 August
Internally this role is called an Aboriginal Child & Family Practitioner.
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).