Our Family Referral Service (FRS) brings together families, support services, and community resources to prevent a difficult situation from escalating to a crisis requiring a statutory response from the child protection system.
As a Aboriginal Case Worker, you will work on the Central Coast Multiagency Response Centre (Helpline). This is a unique program aimed at strengthening coordination and collaboration among service providers to promote the safety, welfare and wellbeing of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander children.
Terms: Full time position funded to June 2018, possibility of extension; based in Gosford, NSW
Who’s the team?
We are a team of Social Workers, Case Workers, Psychologists, Teachers with a supportive Manager and regional Practice Support Manager.
We are committed to high quality work, very welcoming and believe with the right support every parent has potential to make lasting life changes.
Some of the benefits we offer/ Why join The Benevolent Society?
- We support you to work flexibly; from home, other hubs or flexible hours
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile tools
- Self care is important; Monthly accrued day off & purchase additional leave
- Pay; above award rates (enterprise agreement) & salary packaging/sacrifice
- Pool cars available
The Benevolent Society considers that being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational requirement under s14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act NSW 1977.
What you need to succeed?
You will have experience working with children and families within the community services sector and have:
- Ability to identify and address child protection concerns
- Holistic strengths based approach to achieve lasting change
- Be recognised within the community as a respected, culturally safe person
- A tertiary qualification in Community Services, Social Work or related discipline is highly desirable
- Current driver’s license (pool cars are available)
Are you ready to shape your next chapter? Apply below today!
Call Annette on 0409 402 167 for a confidential discussion. Closing date 15 January 2018
Internally this role is called a Child & Family Practitioner.