Foster carers are amazing. For the children we support through our Out Of Home Care (OOHC) program we want to find, select and support the most amazing foster carers.
Your new role:
As our Foster Carer Assessor, you will build and strengthen our pool of committed foster carers through effective recruitment strategies, rigorous assessment, coaching, and training. Not only will you bring the best foster carers along for the journey, you will create of positive engagement experiences and support them in the valuable work they do.
Your new team:
As part of our larger OOHC team, you will work with Foster Carers Assessors, Case Workers, Psychologists, Speech Pathologist, Senior Practitioner and Team Leader.
You will enjoy on the job training and support from your committed team. When you join your buddy will help you find your feet.
Terms: Full time permanent role based in Liverpool
Some of our benefits:
- We support you to work flexibly; from home, other hubs or flexible hours
- Self care is important; Monthly accrued day off & purchase additional leave
- Salary packaging, meals and entertainment card and discount program available
- Novated leases & pool cars available
What you need to succeed?
As an experienced Social Worker, Psychologist, Case Manager or similar you will have
- Experience conducting comprehensive assessments (experience using Step by Step would be an advantage)
- Strong analytical skills and ability to see or hear that little piece of information or inconsistency that would determine suitability for foster carers
- Comfortable having tough conversations in a sensitive and appropriate way
- Capacity to engage with people from all walks of life and adapt to changing circumstances
- A relevant tertiary (degree) qualification and current driver’s license (pool cars are available)
- Be available for evening and weekend work – sometimes they’re the only times our potential foster carer’s have to catch up!
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Ilana Green on 0466 737 319 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 21 October 2018, candidates will be contacted on the 29 October 2018 onwards.
Internally this role is called a Child & Family Practitioner.