New team - New focus!
We are excited to launch an innovative new service Functional Family Therapy – Child Welfare. In partnership with FaCS this service aims to shape how our sector works with families in the future.
You can find out more here.
The Functional Family Therapy – Child Wellbeing framework provides clinical therapeutic treatments within a child protection context, to address underlying causes of drug and alcohol abuse, mental illness and domestic violence that results in harm to children, young people and families. The aim is to achieve sustained behavioural change in families, reducing referral to out of home care and keeping families together. Program model adherence is crucial to the success of this program.
FaCS has selected this approach based on its international success with increasing children’s safety and keeping more families together. It’s proven to make a real difference to families within the statutory child protection system.
What will you do?
Firstly you will be fully trained in the Functional Family Therapy and will have access to ongoing training and support. This leadership role sits across the Functional Family Therapy in Hurstville. Your aim is to ensure your team are positioned to provide exceptional services to children and families so they can feel safe and secure.
You will provide clear focused leadership, professional supervision and being available to your team.
Using your new knowledge, you will also carry your own, smaller case load, working intensively with families to assess strengths, needs and identify goal saimed at improving family functioning and increasing the safety of children.
You will support clients to embed changes particularly behavioural changes and plan for potential challenges that families may face in the future. Critical to the success of the program will be documenting your activity to ensure we can measure the impact of the frameworks within the Australian market and shape future practice standards across the sector.
Terms: Maximum term full time position available at Hurstville
Why this opportunity is right for you?
- Shape the future of family intervention and the people in them, to optimise outcomes for clients
- Packaged vehicle
- Given the innovative nature of this program there is flexibility on hours to meet yours and client’s needs.
- Salary packaging and discount program
- Fully mobile workforce; tools & support to work remotely or from our new hubs
- Monthly accrued day off & the chance to purchase additional leave
- Pool cars and novated lease vehicles available
What do you need to succeed?
As an experienced Social Worker, Coordinator, Team Leader or Manager you will have:
- Masters of Family therapy or a tertiary qualification in Social Work, Welfare, Psychology, Counselling or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with at risk children, young people and/or families in a child protection or counselling role
- People leadership experience with the ability to build and develop an engaged, high performing team
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving, decision making and manage balancing priorities
- A clear understanding of child protection issues and the capacity to identify when the level of risk requires statutory child protection intervention
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to data collection
- Excellent relationship building skills and experience engaging with reluctant clients
- Desire and confidence to learn new practices and immediately implement techniques with clients
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Claudia Lennon on 0448 973 604 for a confidential discussion.