Our Brighter Futures program strengthen families so children can live at home safely, free from abuse and neglect, and enjoy the best possible start to life. We deliver voluntary services to families at high risk of entering or escalating within the statutory child protection system.
Your new role:
You will engage and support at risk families make different choices for their children. You will undertake an initial assessment of family strengths and needs, and develop case plans that build on the family’s resilience to enable them to overcome risks by using evidence informed practices, partnering with other services and supporting the family to shape their next chapter.
Terms: 3 x Full time permanent roles based at Upper Hunter region, relocation is available to candidate outside of the region (with a minimum 12 month contract)
Who’s the team?
We are a team of Social Workers, Case Managers and Psychologists with a supportive Manager and regional Practice Support Manager.
Some of the benefits we offer
- We support you to work flexibly; from home, other hubs or flexible hours
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile tools
- We celebrate the best live moments; the small acts that make a difference within our teams and with our clients
- Self care is important; Monthly accrued day off & purchase additional leave
- Salary packaging, meals and entertainment card and discount program available. Also additional rural loading on top of standard salary packaging if residing in the Upper Hunter Shire
- Novated leases & pool cars available
What you need to succeed?
As an experienced Social Worker, Psychologist, Case Worker or Case Manager you will have
- Experience identifying and addressing child protection concerns
- Holistic strengths based approach to achieve lasting change
- Capacity to engage with people from all walks of life including the local Aboriginal community
- High level of professional accountability and integrity and a belief that every parent has potential
- A relevant degree qualification and current driver’s license
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Fiona McGuiness on 02 6542 7700 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 26 February 2018
Internally this role is called a Child & Family Practitioner.